Friday, September 18, 2009

A Bonanza-Part Overseen By A Bear and A Duck

I am getting to love this cupboard, made with a rich brown wood. It takes a little shifting around to get a picture of it, I have to say! Again, given my laziness, I'm not sure what's here. Lower right, a pin? Surely that's some lovely beads next to it? I know some of those silver buttons are still here, and I see a fascinating chunky necklace all the way to the left.
Here we have another contest between night skies: above a lovely jumble of beads to the left; below, another jumble to the left of a much more refined nature, but is it as much fun? I vote for fun!
See that doll just below, peering out from the second shelf? I have a collection of Storybook Dolls--trying to replace some I lost as a child. That doll with the lovely hat, OK, so she's not a Storybook Doll, but she is tempting! I wonder if my dolls would stick up their noses at her. There's also some lovely Depression Glass to the right on the top shelf, and that wonderful Army Coffee Pot is still there. Waiting for the price to come down? At any price, it's a winner!
Below a silly, stern bear, overseeing his territory. Little brown bear to the right seems to be in awe, sitting so close to His Majesty! The bear has quite a territory; look at all the things on display. There's a great pair of ceramic ears of corn that was hiding before, but now out in full view.
That duck, poor fellow, doesn't belong here. He belongs on a shelf in a child's room in a lake place in Minnesota or Wisconsin. I come from both states: born in one and moved to the other and believe me I know!
Some really great things on the Dollar Rack this week. It's a wonder they could squeeze them all in!

No comments:

Post a Comment